IAPF Trustee Training Courses
Trustees have a duty to ensure that they are properly informed, particularly on legal issues and policy developments that may affect how they carry out their responsibilities.
It is now a legislative requirement that pensions scheme trustees are formally trained (within six months of appointment for new trustees; within two years for existing trustees and the training must be repeated every 2 years.).
The Irish Association of Pension Funds provides Pensions Board approved Trustee Training to all Pensions Scheme Trustees and Pension Professionals. These Trustee Training courses are designed for new Trustees but are also suitable for existing Trustees.
The IAPF offers the following Training:
- Defined Benefits Training - Essential & Refresher Course
- Defined Contribution Training - Essential & Refresher Course
- Investment Training - Essential Course
Benefits of Trustee Training:
- Choice of Full or Half day courses
- Pension Authorityapproved and certified
- Completion of course enables Trustee to meet their legal requirements
- Face to face interaction with trainers
- Scheme specific courses/ in house training on request
- Independently run
- CPD Approved
- “Good overview, - learnt a lot of new information regarding latest regulation etc”
- “Very interactive and worked well”
- “My main aim was to get clarity on trustee legal duties - this was met”
- “A very well run and informative course. Very well suited for all trustees - new and established”
- “Learned quite a lot of material that I hadn’t any prior knowledge of”
- “Very informative. Good practical advice. Good pace - good hand-outs!”
Book your place
Click here to view our upcoming trustee training events and to book your place