The IAPF aim to provide Trustees with the tools and information that will assist them towards becoming effective members of their Trustee Boards. Trustees have a duty to ensure that they are properly informed, particularly on legal issues and policy developments that may affect how they carry out their responsibilities. The IAPF organise numerous educational events in the form of Conferences (which are free of Charge for Trustees to attend), Seminars and Trustee Only events.
The IAPF Trustee Network is dedicated to supporting individual trustees of Pension Schemes. The duties facing trustees are becoming ever more onerous and as a result the objectives of the Network are as follows:
Trustee Network Aims & Objectives
* Enable trustees to meet and discuss issues of concern to them in an informal setting
* Provide information and educational support
* Give trustees a greater and more structured voice in how their interests are represented.
* Provide Trustee Training
Trustee Network Available Resources
* Free Events: The Trustee Network runs dedicated seminars on a regular basis throughout the year which are free for Trustees to attend. Trustee Network members can also avail of free attendance at all IAPF Conferences.
* Information: Through emails and the IAPF website, Trustees will be kept informed of current issues affecting their role
* Free Pensions Magazine: Trustees will receive the online digital magazine Irish Pensions which is issued 4 times a year.
"I have been attending IAPF evening seminars over the last three years and I have found them an invaluable source of information on all issues in relation to Company Pension Schemes, whether they are `defined benefit' or `defined contribution'. The organisational work put in by the IAPF Trustee Network, the quality of the speakers and their knowledge and delivery on any topic that they have spoken on has been excellent on each and every occasion. These events are tailor made for Pension Scheme Trustees and it would be very rewarding for more of these Trustees to attend these well organised events".
David Kiernan, Member Trustee, Nestle
Joining the Trustee Network
If you are a trustee of a Pension Scheme and would like to become a member of the Network, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org